Full program details can be found here!
Consider studying during the summer in Madrid, the geographic center of Spain and the historic center of the entire Hispanic world.
| PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Dr. Mike McGrath
The city of four million is a modern European hub with state-of-the-art transportation and cafes, but its Old World charm shines through in its long afternoon siestas, its warm and friendly people, and its majestic monuments of Spain’s glorious past. Students will have the opportunity to live in a typical Madrid neighborhood popular for students, eat at tapas bars, visit world-class museums, and enjoy life in this vibrant city. From practicing Spanish language skills to learning about ancient world history, Madrid is an ideal location for any student hoping to gain an exciting, informative, and productive intercultural experience.
Local field trips & tours as part of courses including walking tours, museum visits, guest lectures, etc.
Guided tour of Madrid
Neighborhood tour upon arrival to Madrid
Day excursion & tour of Toledo
Day excursion & tour of Segovia
To Be Announced (Check here
for the most up-to-date information)
ESTIMATED USG Goes Global PROGRAM COST INCLUDES
ESTIMATED USG Goes Global PROGRAM COST DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Dormitory accommodations with private room & bathroom at the Colegio Mayor Padre Poveda in Madrid
- Activities & excursions as listed above
- Public transportation pass
- Breakfast & dinner provided on all class days
- Health insurance policy providing coverage for any medical expenses that may incur
- Some free days including three-day weekends to explore locally or travel to other locations in Europe
UNG Education Abroad Eligibility
- Tuition, which will be paid directly to UNG
- Roundtrip airfare
- students will make their own airfare arrangements to the program site
- it is not recommended to use a standby ticket as students must arrive in-country by the date/time specified by the Program Director
- additional details for airfare purchases will be provided
- Textbooks or other required course materials
- Ground transport to/from Atlanta airport
- Passport or visa expenses
- Personal spending money for meals that are not included, souvenirs, or personal travel
- A valid passport is required to travel to this destination.
- At this time, U.S. passport holders do not need an additional visa to travel to this destination. If you do not currently hold a valid passport, you may apply for one through the U.S. Department of State. Participants traveling on passports of other countries should contact their Institutional Representative to determine whether or not a visa is required for travel to this destination.
- For more information on entry and exit requirements, please visit the DoS Country Information page here.
**PASSPORTS MUST BE VALID FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL.
Please note the following: (1) The application deposit is non-refundable unless a student is not accepted into the program or USG Goes Global cancels the program; (2) Program details such as exact dates, program fee & airfare costs, etc. are subject to change.
USG Goes Global does not require COVID-19 vaccination, however, participants must adhere to the vaccine & testing requirements of their destination(s). Failure to comply with local vaccine, testing, or quarantine requirements may impact a student’s participation on this program. Please note that requirements can change at any time and that USG Goes Global has no authority over international entry & exit requirements. For the most up to date information on travel to your destination, please visit travel.state.gov.
USG Goes Global reserves the right to alter or cancel programs at any time due to low enrollment or any other appropriate circumstance (including, but not limited to, situations that may endanger the health and/or safety of participants). If USG Goes Global cancels a program after program fee payments have been collected, only the funds that USG Goes Global is able to recover from the third-party service providers can be returned to participants. In the event of course cancellation by USG Goes Global after tuition payments have been made, participants are subject to the tuition refund policy of the institution at which they registered for the courses. USG Goes Global does not have the authority to override an institution’s registration/payment policies. If a student withdraws from a program for any reason, the following cancellation schedule will be applied.
Student Cancellation Schedule
- The application deposit becomes completely non-refundable as soon as a student’s application is Accepted or the application deadline has passed, whichever occurs first. *
- Students withdrawing within 35 days of the final program fee payment deadline will owe 50% of the program fee.
- Students withdrawing within 10 days of the final program fee payment deadline will owe 100% of the program fee.
- All group flight purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The amounts specified in the cancellation schedule are due regardless of whether any program fee payments were made prior to the withdrawal. Any payments made directly to a third-party service provider are subject to the vendor’s refund policy.
*If USG Goes Global cancels the program, application deposits are automatically refunded. Students that paid a deposit but are not accepted to a program may request a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days after notification of rejection or cancellation. No exclusions apply, unless otherwise indicated by the USG Goes Global Program Office.
Full program details can be found here!
Art; Art/Art Studies; Drawing; Spanish Language And Literature
Students on this program are expected to enroll in TWO courses, one morning course and one afternoon course, for a total of 6 credit hours. Click on the course title below to review the syllabus or download a copy from the Resources tab. Please confirm all course selections with your Institutional Representative.
Intermediate Spanish II
Drawing in the Open Air: Madrid
Spain through Artists' Eyes
Art Appreciation in Madrid
Students will be responsible for coursework before, during, and after program travel. Coursework will be completed through onsite lectures, walking tours, and group discussions coupled with readings, writing assignments, and online lectures. Courses begin before the program departs and may continue after the program returns via online content.